Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thank you!

\

On Sunday, September 20th, I had the opportunity to be a part of the Horne Street School 5K and Family Fun Run.   This was a Dover Community event, encouraging fitness in our schools; how awesome is that!?!  Not only did my family and I run, I was also available to speak with families about the importance of good nutrition and moving our bodies every day.  I thank all who stopped by my table and said hello and sampled a healthy treat. 




As promised, I'm sharing the recipe for the sunbutter balls I had there that day.  These make a delicious and healthy snack or dessert.  Let the kids help roll them into balls.


Sunbutter Balls

Makes 30 bite-sized balls
1/2 cup raw cacoa powder (I use Navitas brand.)
1/2 cup local honey
1/2 cup sunbutter (you can use peanut butter instead)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/4 chia seeds
1/2 cup gluten free oats
shredded, unsweetened coconut

Mix all ingredients by hand, except the coconut. Form the batter into bite-sized balls and roll them in the coconut.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment