Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Busy Busy

Things have been moving along quite nicely so far this summer.  Lots of day trips, swimming adventures, quality time spent with family.  The kids are happy, momma and daddy are happy....what more could we ask for?! 

Good things continue to bloom throughout the yard as well.  Well....the vegetable garden isn't as prolific as in years past but our fruit gardens and honey bees are doing magnificently!

 I noticed this little lady on my Echinacea plant while weeding the garden yesterday!  Such an amazing sight to see.  The yellow on her legs is the pollen that she has collected.  She will then bring it back to the hive.

The hive has gotten a bit taller since last time I shared with you. The term 'Busy as a Bee' shouldn't be used lightly.  It's amazing what these bees do....all the time!



Many of the blueberries are ripe and ready for picking.  I've had to cover them with cheese cloth today because the birds have started eating them.

 
 The raspberries still have a while to go before we'll pick.  There are a few red, ripe ones here and there but I'm thinking in a few weeks they should be ready.

 
 
 
 My first Chamomile plant.  I'm going to attempt to make my own tea.  I'll let you know how that goes....


Hope you all are enjoying the summer with your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment