I'm finding that my days are becoming increasingly busy. Work, volunteering, mothering.... I know you understand; because I'm not alone.
And in these busy days; the idea of getting a healthy meal on the supper table is extremely daunting.
Last night, after a filled with work, grocery shopping, kids, and walking an antsy dog (all on a 60 degree day in January - Hello!) I did manage to get dinner to the table. Not all of it was homemade and this I need to say "It's OK". Who I am and where I am - I am enough.
Rotisserie Chickens from the grocery store are delicious; according to my family. They are affordable, you can get some that are Organic or at least All Natural, and they're EASY!
I paired this up with rice pilaf and Spinach Bites. Bite sized nuggets of spinach and cheese. What's not to love.
Spinach Bites - Courtesy of Weelicious
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large eggs
1 cup low-fat or full-fat ricotta
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
One 10 oz package of chopped spinach, defrosted and well drained
1/4 tsp salt.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coast 20 mini muffin cups with cooking spray
2. Melt the butter in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender
3.Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute, the set aside to cool
4. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Stir in the ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.
5. Stir in the spinach, salt and the cooked onion and garlic mixture
6. Pour the mixture evenly into the mini muffin cups
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the filling is set and golden on the top. Serve.
These are delicious. Great to add to the kids lunch box too.
I hope you busy moms out there find time for yourselves too. We need it to be the great mothers that we are!