Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weekly Newsletter: Vacation, Affirmations and Flourless Cookies

How are you?  Did you have a nice week?

This past week, we enjoyed our spring break.  While the weather was less spring-like, we made the most of it and I have to say we enjoyed it immensely!

I unplugged, a bit and spent the time in tune to my children and myself and our needs as we breathed deeply and enjoyed spending time with those we hold dear. To me there's nothing better or more healing than surrounding yourself with those who bring you joy.

One of my most cherished moments this week was sea glass hunting with my daughter.  The sound of the swirling ocean and crashing waves and smell of sea air is without a doubt the cure to whatever ails you.  I could spend hours there at the seaside.  It makes me look forward to adventures to come this summer!  However, I do recommend heading to a beach whatever the season.  Pure bliss!






Weekly Affirmation:





I can honestly say, I love the people that are in my life. Every single person is unique and bring such wonderful qualities to the world. 
Keep those close to you that bring you joy.


Weekly Recipe:

I recently had these cookies at our Earth Day Celebration in school and they were amazing!  I then hunted down my friend who made them for the recipe! Thank you Courtney! 

Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Yields 28 cookies

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar 
2 large eggs
11/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup organic creamy peanut butter (I used sunbutter due to a nut allergy in a classroom)
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
3 cups rolled oats

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.  Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined.  Add vanilla, baking soda, and salt; mix well.  Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.  Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
**Note; Cookies will be very soft straight out of the oven.  Don't over bake or they will not be chewy.
*adapted from mytraderjoes.net




Healthy Happenings:

*Horne Street School Enrichment Program
May 6- June 10



Healthy Appetites Meal Plans
My job as a certified health coach is to help busy families make healthier lifestyle choices.  Meal planning is just one way I can help make your life easier!






COMING SOON!
Time Out for Moms
A monthly workshop that gives Time Out for Moms because it's so important!
Join me as we share healthy recipes and tips on how to live LEAN and take time out for ourselves as mothers.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Much love,
Alyssa
XO




No comments:

Post a Comment