Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oh Sandy....

I hope this finds you all safe and sound in the aftermath of Sandy's visit. I'm fortunate that we made it without losing power, and the only thing she left in her wake were extra branches to be picked up and some flashing needing to be replaced on the house. I'm sending loving thoughts to those who didn't fair as well.

While we waited for Sandy's arrival, I felt it was vital that I was prepared for my kiddos. Not only must we stock up on essentials ( you may have read this post;) I must be stock on things to keep the kids busy.  Busy kids make happy kids, which makes a very happy mommy.  Being confined inside the house can be very trying.  So after a quick trip to the store, we were stock with a couple new crafts. 


Playing with shaving cream can keep my son busy for hours.  Driving his truck and diggers through the foamy stuff is great fun. And inexpensive! :)  It's also great to practice vocbulary or spelling words.

Slime!  A great, economical activity!
1/2 cup corn starch
1 cup water
Food coloring
Put corn starch into a bowl.
Slowly add water to the corn starch, while mixing constantly.
Add food coloring, amount depends on desired color richness.
Have Fun!
 


 
This kids had a blast with this!
 

                  It was fun having daddy home with us.  Mommy really appreciated it too! :)
 
 
A Spooktacular Castle!
 
 
Mama even had time to knit up the cowl she promised for Sophia.
 

                          And a stormy day wouldn't be complete without some hot cocoa.
1 1/2 tablespoonGhiradelli cocoa
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
Mix cocoa and sugar together in a mug.  Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat.  When hot, pour milk into mug, stir and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.
 
 
 I'm greatful to have my family home safe and sound.  How did you and your family spend time with Sandy?

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes - you do a storm in style! I love the festivities, especially the cocoa and family craft time! It was certainly a scary storm - we were lucky only to loose power from about 9pm till 5 am, which made little impact. Still we had a busy craft filled day yesterday! Oh and I LOVE the color of Sophia's beautiful cowl!

    ReplyDelete