Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, New Recipes!

I was very excited to receive the Weelicious Cookbook for Christmas!  My goodness the wonderful, healthy, kid friendly recipes I found in this book.  One evening, my parents, husband and I were all reading.  My mom commented on how they all were reading novels while I was reading a cookbook.  Yes!  I enjoy reading cookbooks from cover to cover.  Weelicious was no exception.  I 've been an avid reader of the Weelicious blog and now ecstatic to have her recipes in book form!

The first recipe I tried was Blueberry-Lemon Whole Wheat Pancakes.  These were a much welcome remembrance of spring during these Arctic cold days of winter.  I used blueberries from our freezer that we picked this summer.  The lemon juice and zest gave a lightness to the pancakes.  I used whole wheat cake flour instead of the whole wheat flour, just because I had it on hand.

 
 
I like to make pancakes in a "silver dollar" size.  They're easier and not as daunting for kids as a large pancake can be.
 
 
The only sweetener used in the entire recipe was 1 tablespoon of honey.  I love that!
These were delicious plain, or with a touch of maple syrup.
 
I will definitely be making these tasty cakes again!
 
Stay tuned for more recipes I've cooked up from this fabulous book!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE this cookbook. It is my "go to" these days. The girls love those pancakes too! Hope you are having a wonderful day my friend. Syd has been hit (hard) by the flu bug....here we go!

    ReplyDelete