Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Grillin'

As the temperature rises and the sun shines a bit brighter, it's time to fire up the grill!  I love cooking outside.  There's so many things to make.  Whether it's meat, veggies, fruit or even pizza the possibilities are endless!

I stumbled upon this wonderful marinade on Pinterest. Oh Pinterest, how I love you!  You completely sap up most of my free time, have caused me to make sub folders for all my recipes and you have me completely convinced I'm in need of a Pintervention!  BUT, I do love you dearly!

The title is for a Chicken Marinade.  But honestly, it's good on everything.  Sunday I marinated some beef tips for the Mister and the kids and also used it for portebello mushroom caps for me. I did this in the morning, letting it marinade all day in the fridge. It's so good, you must make some!  One recipe makes quite a big batch so I end up putting the rest into a glass jar and storing it for next time. It would depend on what and how much you plan to marinade at one time; but it takes no time to make.

I served the tips and portebellos with some pasta salad and sauteed kale.  I was impressed with the amount of veggies in the pasta salad; there was a ton!  Sophia has asked for it for lunch at school on Monday!  Roman had some as well, along with his ham and cheese sand which request ;).

I hope you're having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment