Thursday, October 18, 2012

13 years ago

13 years ago my husband and I said "I do".   It was a gorgeous summer day. Blue sky, mild temperature...perfect!


Oh the reminiscing that cooking can bring.  What?  Well you see, I got out my crock pot to make a nice pot of chicken soup for my family.  That crock pot was given to me by my Nana and Grampy as a shower give 13 years ago.  And it still works!  Mind you, I touch the sides every time I use it just to make sure it's still working. Rivel, there is something to be said of your craftsmanship!


I used another one of my favorite shower gifts; my clay pot made by Scheurich-Keramik. It's excellent to use when making Calico Beans.  It's even more amazing roasting a chicken!  The chicken comes out incredibly moist and tender.  No need for a knife, your fork will do just fine!
 
I didn't add anything to the chicken. I just put it into the pot.  Covered and roasted for 1 hour and 10 min at 350 degrees.  Look how beautiful that bird is!  And I'm a Vegan!
 
I didn't follow any particular recipe for my Chicken Noodle Soup.  I simply roasted a chicken.  Used some chicken stock, frozen veggies, fresh rosemary, one leek, some corn we canned this summer, and egg noodles.  I let that cook up in the crock pot for the afternoon and that was it.
 
But I really can't enjoy a steamy bowl of soup without warm homemade bread to go with it.  C'mon who could, really!?
 
So I thought a loaf of Rosemary Olive Oil Bread would be a perfect addition to the meal.
 
 

That's some good looking dough!
 
 We ALL devoured this!  It was amazing! 
 
 
I'm always amazed at the power of cooking.  The smells, textures, sights....It's such a powerful thing, cooking.
You never know where a trip down memory lane will take you. 
 
What are some of your fond wedding shower memories?
 

1 comment:

  1. I want to make this over the weekend - that soup and bread combo looks fantastic! Pinned it!!!

    ReplyDelete