What Fairy could resist such a home?!
It wouldn't be Saturday without Soccer!
Roman has been participating in a British Soccer camp for the last four summers. This fall he's decided to take part in our hometown House league.
He's quick, this boy of mine!
Alas....time for a bit of down time at home. What better way to spend it than a bit of cooking and baking. This time of year I gravitate towards comfort foods. Casseroles, baked goods....wine. OK, so wine isn't a "food" nor do I wait until fall to enjoy it. ;)
I love having help in the kitchen!
The kids loved it so much they asked for it to be packed in their lunches for school tomorrow!
Here's the recipe:
3/4cup 100% pure maple syrup
One 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained.
1/2cup unsweetened applesauce.
1tbsp ground flaxseed
1 2/3cup spelt flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4tsp ground allspice
3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/2cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready a 8X8 inch non stick baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together maple syrup, crushed pineapple, applesauce, and ground flaxseeds
3. Sift in the spelt flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Mix well. Fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and shredded coconut.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 28 to 32 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove cake from the oven and let cool in pan for about 30 minutes. Invert the cake onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Share with me...what did you do this weekend?